Thursday, February 9, 2012

James, Mysterious James

So I'm writing a short that i finally said,  hey! Finish this. So i am. What i didn't count on though was rewriting the whole thing. I'm glad, dnt get me wrong. Jenna's a better character for it. But James, i really didn't think i was struggling with him. But i was. He was always angry with his dad yet he wanted to please him as well and i never understood why until this morning when i wrote from James' point of view and he basically shouted out why he didn't like his father. And, AND, things happened when James was just a boy that he really doesn't remember. Heck, i just thought about it just now. I already had that particular scene played out for two other characters but it never occured to me that that situation wouldve affected James. He was old enough. Kids are very smart, observing creatures. Nothing misses them. because of this it would bring up some animosity from James to his dad. It would also explain a previous scene i wrote in the first first draft in which James remembered seeing Josh, Jenna's brother before. He was so confused asking his mom why he remembered him and she really couldn't explain without digging into a place she couldn't go....very tragic. Not to have the love you want.

Scene: i concocted this scene at the very beginning stages of the story when it was just sometthing my mind made up to keep me awake in class. I didn't know who the characters where. Except maybe the one dimensional characters who only need to play one role. But this is somewhat of the scene i was talking about.

Teresa stood over the kitchen sink. Her tears falling into the silk of her bikini top. She turned at the sound of approaching footsteps. Richard couldn't see her Ike this. She fixed her back and turned. She would have to explain the tears. "Mother?" "Oh, James," she breathed."oh I'm sorry" she wiped the tears with the back of her hand. " what is it they think I've done?...who was that man?" "No one," she sighed, sniffed. "Does he have something to do with the Elders?" "Where did you here that?" "I tried not to get into trouble" "Who told you that name?" "This is why we need to learn cloaking." "James! Who told you about the Elders?" "And why does that man seem so familiar? Teresa straightened from leaning against the counter startled. She swallowed, quickly moving to James' side. "You recognized him?" "Yea. Yea i did. I do. Its hard to-" "don't tell Richard that. Ever."

Kiss
Kisses
Kissess

PS. I'll PST the rewritten on later...

No comments:

Post a Comment